Donegal Group Inc. (NASDAQ:DGICA – Get Rating) major shareholder Mutual Insurance Co Donegal purchased 6,027 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Wednesday, May 24th. The shares were purchased at an average cost of $14.76 per share, with a total value of $88,958.52. Following the completion of the acquisition, the insider now directly owns 11,702,306 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $172,726,036.56. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the SEC, which is available at this link. Large shareholders that own more than 10% of a company’s stock are required to disclose their transactions with the SEC.
Mutual Insurance Co Donegal also recently made the following trade(s):
- On Monday, May 22nd, Mutual Insurance Co Donegal bought 5,363 shares of Donegal Group stock. The shares were bought at an average price of $14.69 per share, for a total transaction of $78,782.47.
- On Thursday, May 18th, Mutual Insurance Co Donegal bought 5,430 shares of Donegal Group stock. The shares were bought at an average price of $14.71 per share, for a total transaction of $79,875.30.
- On Wednesday, March 8th, Mutual Insurance Co Donegal bought 35,000 shares of Donegal Group stock. The shares were bought at an average price of $15.32 per share, for a total transaction of $536,200.00.
- On Friday, March 3rd, Mutual Insurance Co Donegal bought 60,000 shares of Donegal Group stock. The shares were bought at an average price of $15.39 per share, for a total transaction of $923,400.00.
Donegal Group Stock Down 1.4 %
DGICA stock opened at $14.64 on Friday. The company’s 50 day simple moving average is $14.75 and its 200-day simple moving average is $14.86. Donegal Group Inc. has a 12 month low of $13.05 and a 12 month high of $17.13. The company has a current ratio of 0.41, a quick ratio of 0.41 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.07.
Donegal Group Increases Dividend
The firm also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Monday, May 15th. Stockholders of record on Monday, May 1st were given a $0.17 dividend. The ex-dividend date was Friday, April 28th. This is a positive change from Donegal Group’s previous quarterly dividend of $0.17. This represents a $0.68 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 4.64%. Donegal Group’s dividend payout ratio is currently -212.49%.
Institutional Trading of Donegal Group
Large investors have recently modified their holdings of the business. Great West Life Assurance Co. Can boosted its position in Donegal Group by 58.1% during the first quarter. Great West Life Assurance Co. Can now owns 1,924 shares of the insurance provider’s stock worth $27,000 after acquiring an additional 707 shares during the last quarter. Quadrant Capital Group LLC raised its stake in Donegal Group by 2,703.3% during the third quarter. Quadrant Capital Group LLC now owns 2,551 shares of the insurance provider’s stock worth $34,000 after purchasing an additional 2,460 shares during the period. FMR LLC raised its stake in Donegal Group by 15,473.7% during the second quarter. FMR LLC now owns 2,959 shares of the insurance provider’s stock worth $50,000 after purchasing an additional 2,940 shares during the period. Ensign Peak Advisors Inc purchased a new position in Donegal Group during the third quarter worth approximately $44,000. Finally, Salem Investment Counselors Inc. purchased a new position in Donegal Group during the third quarter worth approximately $51,000. 28.60% of the stock is currently owned by institutional investors and hedge funds.
Analysts Set New Price Targets
Separately, StockNews.com lowered shares of Donegal Group from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating in a research report on Monday, May 15th.
About Donegal Group
Donegal Group, Inc is an insurance holding company, which engages in the provision of property and casualty insurance to businesses and individuals. It operates through the following segments: Investment Function, Personal Lines of Insurance, and Commercial Lines of Insurance. The Investment Function segment covers investment activities.
- Get a free copy of the StockNews.com research report on Donegal Group (DGICA)
- 3 Electrical Gear Makers: Hidden Gems Amid Growing Digitization
- Can ULTA’s Defensive Product Line Stand Against This Down Cycle
- A Reversal Is Brewing For Medtronic: Buying The Dip
- Ralph Lauren’s Styled Dividend Is Still In Season
- Dollar Tree Falls As Theft Cuts Into Bottom Line
Receive News & Ratings for Donegal Group Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Donegal Group and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.