Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Xylem (NYSE: XYL) in the last few weeks:
- 1/24/2023 – Xylem was upgraded by analysts at StockNews.com from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 1/24/2023 – Xylem was upgraded by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $124.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $115.00.
- 1/18/2023 – Xylem had its price target raised by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $105.00 to $115.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 1/13/2023 – Xylem had its price target raised by analysts at Mizuho from $88.00 to $105.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 1/4/2023 – Xylem was downgraded by analysts at Raymond James from a “market perform” rating to an “underperform” rating.
- 12/19/2022 – Xylem was downgraded by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $115.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $113.00.
- 12/9/2022 – Xylem had its price target raised by analysts at Citigroup Inc. from $109.00 to $123.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
Xylem Trading Down 1.0 %
NYSE:XYL traded down $1.03 on Wednesday, reaching $102.54. 2,813,141 shares of the company’s stock were exchanged, compared to its average volume of 1,930,661. The company has a quick ratio of 1.22, a current ratio of 1.65 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.58. The firm has a market capitalization of $18.48 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 58.26, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 2.65 and a beta of 1.09. The business has a fifty day moving average of $111.44 and a 200-day moving average of $100.23. Xylem Inc. has a 52-week low of $72.08 and a 52-week high of $118.58.
Xylem (NYSE:XYL – Get Rating) last issued its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, November 1st. The industrial products company reported $0.79 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.66 by $0.13. The company had revenue of $1.38 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $1.33 billion. Xylem had a net margin of 5.97% and a return on equity of 14.40%. As a group, analysts expect that Xylem Inc. will post 2.71 earnings per share for the current year.
Xylem Dividend Announcement
Insider Buying and Selling
In related news, SVP Matthew Francis Pine sold 11,870 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Friday, November 4th. The shares were sold at an average price of $107.12, for a total transaction of $1,271,514.40. Following the sale, the senior vice president now directly owns 22,819 shares in the company, valued at $2,444,371.28. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which can be accessed through this link. Insiders own 0.89% of the company’s stock.
Hedge Funds Weigh In On Xylem
A number of institutional investors and hedge funds have recently added to or reduced their stakes in XYL. Panagora Asset Management Inc. boosted its holdings in Xylem by 21.7% in the first quarter. Panagora Asset Management Inc. now owns 14,297 shares of the industrial products company’s stock valued at $1,219,000 after purchasing an additional 2,550 shares in the last quarter. Yousif Capital Management LLC boosted its holdings in shares of Xylem by 1.5% in the first quarter. Yousif Capital Management LLC now owns 27,307 shares of the industrial products company’s stock valued at $2,328,000 after acquiring an additional 416 shares during the period. Blair William & Co. IL boosted its holdings in shares of Xylem by 0.5% in the first quarter. Blair William & Co. IL now owns 66,243 shares of the industrial products company’s stock valued at $5,648,000 after acquiring an additional 299 shares during the period. Sei Investments Co. boosted its holdings in shares of Xylem by 6.7% in the first quarter. Sei Investments Co. now owns 335,330 shares of the industrial products company’s stock valued at $28,590,000 after acquiring an additional 21,165 shares during the period. Finally, Prudential PLC acquired a new stake in shares of Xylem in the first quarter valued at approximately $333,000. 83.57% of the stock is owned by institutional investors and hedge funds.
Xylem, Inc engages in the design, manufacture, and application of engineered technologies for the water industry. It operates through the following business segments: Water Infrastructure, Applied Water, and Measurement and Control Solutions. The Water Infrastructure segment focuses on the transportation, treatment and testing of water.
- Get a free copy of the StockNews.com research report on Xylem (XYL)
- Is The Bottom In For Cyber-Security Stocks?
- Union Pacific, Norfolk Southern Pull into Buying Zone
- Pliant Therapeutics Gaps 34% Higher: More Upside To Come?
- How Will Early 2023 Layoffs Affect These 5 Biotech Stocks?
- Is the Pain Over for Baudax Bio Investors after a 70% Spike?
Receive News & Ratings for Xylem Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Xylem Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.