Polkadot (DOT) traded up 4.7% against the US dollar during the one day period ending at 21:00 PM E.T. on May 19th. Polkadot has a total market cap of $9.86 billion and $831.62 million worth of Polkadot was traded on exchanges in the last day. During the last week, Polkadot has traded up 10.6% against the US dollar. One Polkadot coin can now be purchased for $9.98 or 0.00033015 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- JUMPN (JST) traded down 25.9% against the dollar and now trades at $64.64 or 0.00181864 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded up 0% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00003304 BTC.
- Bitsubishi (BITSU) traded 4.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $177.65 or 0.00587579 BTC.
- XRP (XRP) traded 3.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.42 or 0.00001401 BTC.
- Wrapped Cardano (WADA) traded 3.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.53 or 0.00001766 BTC.
- Enegra (EGX) (EGX) traded down 2.7% against the dollar and now trades at $135.64 or 0.00448653 BTC.
- Lido stETH (STETH) traded down 0.6% against the dollar and now trades at $2,947.45 or 0.07417648 BTC.
- PLC Ultima (PLCU) traded down 12.3% against the dollar and now trades at $47,649.79 or 1.57605993 BTC.
- Gateway Protocol (GWP) traded 0.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.60 or 0.00008607 BTC.
- Wrapped TRON (WTRX) traded 2.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0734 or 0.00000243 BTC.
Polkadot Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Polkadot development is on track to deliver a robust platform for security, scalability, and innovation. Currently, Polkadot is in the NPoS phase of launch. Polkadot enables cross-blockchain transfers of any type of data or asset, not just tokens. Connecting to Polkadot gives users the ability to interoperate with a wide variety of blockchains in the Polkadot network. The DOT token serves three distinct purposes: governance over the network, staking, and bonding. “This page refers to the new DOT which is 100x smaller than the old DOT (the DOT token underwent a redenomination from its original sale on 21 August 2020 at 16:40 UTC, block number 1,248,328)” “
Buying and Selling Polkadot
It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Polkadot directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Polkadot should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Polkadot using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Polkadot Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Polkadot and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.