Elrond (EGLD) traded down 3.5% against the US dollar during the 1 day period ending at 10:00 AM ET on May 19th. During the last week, Elrond has traded 15.1% higher against the US dollar. One Elrond coin can currently be purchased for $92.46 or 0.00311551 BTC on popular exchanges. Elrond has a total market cap of $2.03 billion and $84.68 million worth of Elrond was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Avalanche (AVAX) traded 5.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $30.16 or 0.00101628 BTC.
- Cronos (CRO) traded 0.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.19 or 0.00000648 BTC.
- NEAR Protocol (NEAR) traded 2.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $6.06 or 0.00020416 BTC.
- Algorand (ALGO) traded 0% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.46 or 0.00001537 BTC.
- Hedera (HBAR) traded up 0.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.10 or 0.00000348 BTC.
- Helium (HNT) traded 5.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $8.22 or 0.00027696 BTC.
- Kava.io (KAVA) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $5.62 or 0.00012724 BTC.
- Kava (KAVA) traded down 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $2.40 or 0.00008104 BTC.
- Theta Fuel (TFUEL) traded down 5.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0623 or 0.00000210 BTC.
- Ardor (ARDR) traded down 1.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.11 or 0.00000365 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Elrond is a novel architecture that goes beyond state-of-the-art by introducing a genuine State Sharding scheme for practical scalability, eliminating energy and computational waste while ensuring distributed fairness through a Secure Proof of Stake (SPoS) consensus mechanism. Having a strong focus on security, Elrond’s network is built to ensure resistance to known security problems like the Sybil attack, Rogue-key attack, Nothing at Stake attack, and others. In an ecosystem that strives for interconnectivity, Elrond’s solution for smart contracts offers an EVM compliant engine to ensure interoperability by design. Elrond (ERD) to Elrond (EGLD) swap announcement: “Starting with the 3rd of September (2020) we will officially begin the swap from ERD to eGLD. eGLD will be the native currency of the Elrond economy, and all ERD tokens will gradually be swapped to eGLD tokens. The eGLD ticker is an abbreviation for eGold, denoting the simplest, and most intuitively powerful metaphor of what the Elrond currency aims to become. Starting now, we will use eGold and eGLD interchangeably, to refer to the native Elrond currency.” “
Elrond Coin Trading
It is usually not currently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Elrond directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Elrond should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Elrond using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Elrond Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Elrond and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.