Dogecoin (DOGE) traded down 4% against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 16:00 PM E.T. on May 12th. Dogecoin has a total market cap of $10.76 billion and $2.68 billion worth of Dogecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Dogecoin coin can now be bought for about $0.0811 or 0.00000282 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges. During the last seven days, Dogecoin has traded 37.3% lower against the U.S. dollar.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- DEI (DEI) traded 1.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.97 or 0.00003387 BTC.
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded down 3.7% against the dollar and now trades at $5.12 or 0.00017806 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 5.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $63.83 or 0.00221830 BTC.
- SpaceMine (MINE) traded up 4.3% against the dollar and now trades at $1.02 or 0.00003534 BTC.
- EAC (EAC) traded down 6.7% against the dollar and now trades at $1.74 or 0.00005919 BTC.
- Hellenic Coin (HNC) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $3.68 or 0.00010892 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded down 12.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.17 or 0.00000574 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded down 3.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.17 or 0.00000577 BTC.
- ConstitutionDAO (PEOPLE) traded up 45.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0177 or 0.00000062 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded down 8.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0044 or 0.00000015 BTC.
Dogecoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “A Bitcoin clone that has reached success through clever marketing. Over the past year well over a hundred new cryptocurrencies have been created but not many have instantly carved out a niche. Dogecoin has sponsored multiple high profile events such as Nascar teams and the winter Olympics – even so, there are few locations to use the coin – and instead, it has become a de facto internet tipping currency. The coin has produced 100 billion units by the end of 2014 and is now producing roughly 5 billion units per year. Blockchain data provided by: Blockchair (Main Source), DogeChain (Backup), and WhatToMine (Block Reward and Time only) “
Dogecoin Coin Trading
It is usually not currently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Dogecoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Dogecoin should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Dogecoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Dogecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Dogecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.