Filecoin (FIL) traded down 2.3% against the US dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 12:00 PM E.T. on May 10th. Filecoin has a total market cap of $2.35 billion and approximately $1.03 billion worth of Filecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. Over the last week, Filecoin has traded down 20.9% against the US dollar. One Filecoin coin can now be bought for $11.70 or 0.00037343 BTC on exchanges.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- JUMPN (JST) traded 25.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $64.64 or 0.00181864 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded up 0% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00003193 BTC.
- XRP (XRP) traded 1.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.52 or 0.00001645 BTC.
- Wrapped Cardano (WADA) traded 0.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.66 or 0.00002110 BTC.
- Enegra (EGX) (EGX) traded 11.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $165.35 or 0.00527875 BTC.
- Polkadot (DOT) traded 2.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $11.70 or 0.00037364 BTC.
- Wrapped LUNA Token (WLUNA) traded down 46.9% against the dollar and now trades at $30.84 or 0.00098458 BTC.
- PLC Ultima (PLCU) traded up 3.9% against the dollar and now trades at $64,792.71 or 2.06850437 BTC.
- Lido stETH (STETH) traded 0.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2,947.45 or 0.07417648 BTC.
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) traded 1.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Filecoin is a decentralized storage network that turns cloud storage into an algorithmic market. The market runs on a blockchain with a native protocol token (also called “Filecoin”), which miners earn by providing storage to clients. Conversely, clients spend Filecoin hiring miners to store or distribute data. Filecoin miners compete to mine blocks with sizable rewards, but Filecoin mining power is proportional to active storage, which directly provides a useful service to clients. “
Filecoin Coin Trading
It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Filecoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Filecoin should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Filecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Filecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Filecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.