TerraUSD (UST) traded down 0% against the dollar during the 1-day period ending at 22:00 PM Eastern on April 25th. Over the last week, TerraUSD has traded 0.1% lower against the dollar. One TerraUSD coin can now be bought for approximately $1.00 or 0.00002471 BTC on major exchanges. TerraUSD has a market cap of $18.28 billion and $686.28 million worth of TerraUSD was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- DeFiChain (DFI) traded 3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.31 or 0.00010635 BTC.
- Elastos (ELA) traded up 4.8% against the dollar and now trades at $2.93 or 0.00007234 BTC.
- MATH (MATH) traded down 1.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.26 or 0.00000648 BTC.
- NerveNetwork (NVT) traded 3.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0280 or 0.00000069 BTC.
- OTOCASH (OTO) traded up 6.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0854 or 0.00000211 BTC.
- ILCOIN (ILC) traded up 16% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0036 or 0.00000009 BTC.
- Props Token (PROPS) traded down 5.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0055 or 0.00000014 BTC.
- CoinUs (CNUS) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0029 or 0.00000005 BTC.
- eXPerience Chain (XPC) traded up 2.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- USDX (USDX) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.17 or 0.00001425 BTC.
TerraUSD Coin Profile
hashing algorithm. It was first traded on September 12th, 2020. TerraUSD’s total supply is 18,262,987,819 coins. TerraUSD’s official website is terra.money. TerraUSD’s official Twitter account is @terra_money and its Facebook page is accessible here. TerraUSD’s official message board is medium.com/terra-money.
According to CryptoCompare, “Terra aims to build a new financial infrastructure that works better for everyone. The network is powered by a family of stablecoins, each pegged to major fiat currencies all algorithmically stabilized by Terra’s native token, Luna. Terra’s mission is to set money free by building open financial infrastructure. Luna, as the native staking asset from which the family of Terra stablecoins derives their stability, utility, and value, acts both as collateral for the entire Terra economy and as a staking token that secures the PoS network. Luna can be held and traded like a normal crypto asset, but can also be staked to accrue rewards in the network generated from transaction fees. Luna can also be used to make and vote on governance proposals. The family of Terra stablecoins is designed to achieve stability through consistent mining rewards with a contracting and expanding money supply. For example, if the system has detected that the price of a Terra currency has deviated from its peg, it applies pressure to normalize the price. Currently, the family of Terra stablecoins includes: KRT (Terra stablecoin pegged to Korean Won), UST (Terra stablecoin pegged to US Dollar), MNT (Terra stablecoin pegged to Mongolian Togrog), SDR (Terra stablecoin pegged to IMF SDR), with more being added in the future. “
Buying and Selling TerraUSD
It is usually not possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as TerraUSD directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire TerraUSD should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy TerraUSD using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for TerraUSD Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for TerraUSD and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.