The Reds boss is a long-standing candidate for the Allianz Arena hot seat, according to this former Roten boss
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is a permanent candidate for the Bayern Munich managerial position, according to former Roten favourite Ottmar Hitzfeld.
Kelechi Iheanacho must leave Man City
The Reds boss spent 14 years coaching in the Bundesliga between Mainz and Borussia Dortmund before taking over at Liverpool in 2015.
Klopp guided Dortmund to consecutive German top-flight titles during his time in charge, as well as two DFL-Supercups and a DFB-Pokal trophy.
And while he is yet to taste silverware with Liverpool, he has been in two major finals during his 18 months in charge of the Anfield club, losing to Manchester City in the League Cup and then Sevilla in the Europa League.
And Hitzfeld, who won seven Bundesliga titles as a manager between Dortmund and Bayern, would like to see Klopp follow in his footsteps to Bavaria.
"Jürgen Klopp always belongs among the candidates at Bayern," Hitzfeld told t-online.de. "He knows the Bundesliga, became German champion and won the trophy. I think and expect him to be a coach at FC Bayern."
Hitzfeld has also tipped Klopp to secure the Premier League title at Liverpool and is proud of the way he is leading the way for German managers abroad.
WATCH: Messi's fancy footwork
"Jürgen Klopp is one of the top coaches, but he has not won any major international titles compared to the others," he added.
"He will be an English champion sooner or later, of which I am firmly convinced. He is building something in Liverpool, is a motivator, and is a fantastic advert for German trainers. To get through in England is not easy - he did it."
- Liverpool FC Rumours Suggest a Number of Transfers in the Coming Year
- Fantasy football Tip: The Top 4 Goalkeepers to Have on Your Fantasy Football Team
- Liverpool aiming to steal a march on Arsenal in top four race
- Champions League Race: Four Into One Doesn’t Go
- Sadio Mane Latest Victim of International Curse
- Liverpool eager to make their mark on Champions League return
- Gimenez dreaming of Premier League move as Man Utd and Liverpool circle
- Ings hints at Liverpool stay as he focuses on the present in fitness battle
- Mane in full training in 10 days
- Day two of pre-season: The latest photos from Melwood