Liverpool and Germany under-21 star Samed Yesil is looking more and more likely to feature in Thursday night’s Europa League fixture away to young boys.
Brendan Rodgers has spoken on fast-tracking the Striker who recently fired twice against England under 19′s during the international break.
“He [Yesil] will certainly be fast-tracked,” the Reds Boss admitted.
“I watched him play against England Under 19s. He scored two terrific goals and set up another, he has real potential.
“He will be involved in the Europa League game.”
Rodgers also hinted at debuts for other promising young talent within the LFC ranks.
“The biggest thing for young players now is that the introduction of Raheem has given them hope. All I have done is given him a chance.
“I have moved a lot of the young players up to Melwood, with it being international week, and you can see it in their attitude.
“They have a spring in their step. They feel that they have got a chance. And they will get that.
“There is nothing better than when you see a young kid come through. A lot of people have done great work with him over a period of time.
“There will be that chance for Yesil and one or two other boys over this period of months now.”
The news comes at a time where our squad is looking increasingly bare bones and no doubt some fresh faces will help raise morale during a tough European campaign.
With Rodgers having spoken frequently of his plans to involve some of the young talent that the Academy has produced this is very promising news.
Could we have a new Robbie Fowler or Michael Owen in Samed Yesil? Perhaps Michael N’Goo or Adam Morgan will prove to be the bringers of rain in this proverbial goal-scoring drought.
Have any of the academy players caught your eye in particular? Let us know what you think in the comments section below.
- Sadio Mane Latest Victim of International Curse
- Liverpool eager to make their mark on Champions League return
- Gimenez dreaming of Premier League move as Man Utd and Liverpool circle
- Ings hints at Liverpool stay as he focuses on the present in fitness battle
- Mane in full training in 10 days
- Day two of pre-season: The latest photos from Melwood
- Behind the scenes: A brilliant montage of pre-season day one
- Mane to miss Liverpool’s opening friendlies
- Liverpool dealt Naby Keita blow as RB Leipzig insist ‘nothing’ will make them sell
- Melwood photos: Danny Ings continues recovery programme