The curse of international football strikes again, with Sadio Mane the latest player to fall victim. Mane will be out of action for up to six weeks following a hamstring injury deep into the dying embers of Senegal’s 2 – 0 qualifying stage win on Saturday.
The talisman, who has already missed three games this season due to suspension, will now miss games against Manchester United, Tottenham and both Champions League games to Maribor.
Further more, Senegal look to be without their star man for their curcial games against South Africa on both 10 and 14 November.
With the injury coming so late in the game, around 89 minutes to be exact, it will be a bitter p ill to swallow for Liverpool who faced a dogged time during Mane’s absences.
Having scored three goals in five appearances so far this season, Liverpool will host Manchester United without one of their star assets. The game can be seen on Sky Sports, but for those still looking to find tickets, they can do so via www.footballticketpad.com
- Liverpool FC Rumours Suggest a Number of Transfers in the Coming Year
- Fantasy football Tip: The Top 4 Goalkeepers to Have on Your Fantasy Football Team
- Liverpool aiming to steal a march on Arsenal in top four race
- Champions League Race: Four Into One Doesn’t Go
- Sadio Mane Latest Victim of International Curse
- Liverpool eager to make their mark on Champions League return
- Gimenez dreaming of Premier League move as Man Utd and Liverpool circle
- Ings hints at Liverpool stay as he focuses on the present in fitness battle
- Mane in full training in 10 days
- Day two of pre-season: The latest photos from Melwood