Jürgen Klopp is optimistic on Liverpool's chances of having Roberto Firmino available for Sunday's clash with Middlesbrough, but admits the forward's fitness will need to be assessed before the final-day contest.
The Brazil international missed last weekend’s victory at West Ham United after sustaining a knock against Southampton on May 7.
Firmino hasn’t been involved in team training at Melwood this week, though Klopp is hopeful of being able to call on his services for the must-win encounter with Boro.
He told journalists in his pre-match press conference: “[It’s] very positive.
“We could not decide until now, but he feels good and he feels comfortable. He did a lot of things, but was not part of team training. That’s not a problem after this long season.
“I think we will make a final test tomorrow. In this moment, I would rather say ‘yes’ than ‘perhaps’, but I am not sure.”
Jürgen was wearing a piece from LFC's New Balance training range for 2017-18 at his press conference. Browse the collection and order yours now by clicking here.
- Fantasy football Tip: The Top 4 Goalkeepers to Have on Your Fantasy Football Team
- Liverpool aiming to steal a march on Arsenal in top four race
- Champions League Race: Four Into One Doesn’t Go
- Sadio Mane Latest Victim of International Curse
- Liverpool eager to make their mark on Champions League return
- Gimenez dreaming of Premier League move as Man Utd and Liverpool circle
- Ings hints at Liverpool stay as he focuses on the present in fitness battle
- Mane in full training in 10 days
- Day two of pre-season: The latest photos from Melwood
- Behind the scenes: A brilliant montage of pre-season day one