Kick It Out, football's equality and inclusion organisation, presented Liverpool Football Club with the Equality Inspires Award this week.
Alongside the Premier League, the scheme encourages clubs and their academies to educate staff, players and their guardians about equality.
Having completed a number of Equality Inspires workshops with our Academy sides throughout the season, Kick It Out education manager Troy Townsend presented Academy director Alex Inglethorpe with the award.
As part of the course, staff and parent/carer sessions were also hosted by Kick It Out to enhance knowledge around equality in football and beyond.
On receiving the award, Inglethorpe said: “Kick It Out have really challenged our thinking with the workshops that they have hosted throughout the season and it is a real privilege for the club to work alongside them on such a regular basis.
“It is a great honour for Kick It Out to present Liverpool Football Club with this award and I am looking forward to continuing our fantastic partnership with Kick It Out for years to come.”
Townsend added: “Liverpool FC have embraced the concept of Equality Inspires over the last two seasons, by ensuring that those connected to their Academy structure have received the appropriate training to support their understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion within their working environment.
“I have been immensely impressed with the discussions around challenging topics, such as racism, sexism and homophobia. Today’s player needs as much guidance and support off the pitch as they would on it and Liverpool FC are at the forefront of providing that duty of care, often going above and beyond the norm. It is a real privilege to work with such a proactive club on these matters.”
- Gimenez dreaming of Premier League move as Man Utd and Liverpool circle
- Ings hints at Liverpool stay as he focuses on the present in fitness battle
- Mane in full training in 10 days
- Day two of pre-season: The latest photos from Melwood
- Behind the scenes: A brilliant montage of pre-season day one
- Mane to miss Liverpool’s opening friendlies
- Liverpool dealt Naby Keita blow as RB Leipzig insist ‘nothing’ will make them sell
- Melwood photos: Danny Ings continues recovery programme
- Naby Keita swoop latest
- Steven Gerrard’s U18s to face Burton Albion at St George’s Park