The 25-year-old is on course with his recovery but is expected to play no part in the pre-season friendlies at Tranmere Rovers and Wigan Athletic
Liverpool predict Sadio Mane will join full team training within 10 days as he continues his rehabilitation from meniscus damage in his left knee.
The Senegal international, who suffered the injury in a 3-1 Merseyside derby victory over Everton in April last season, spent much of the summer working with the club’s medical team at Melwood.
Klopp patient over transfers
The 25-year-old, who has been undertaking outdoor sessions as the Reds reported back for pre-season on Wednesday, is on course with his recovery.
However, Mane is expected to play no part in the domestic friendlies against Tranmere Rovers and Wigan Athletic.
Captain Jordan Henderson, meanwhile, also spent extended time at the training complex over the summer before continuing his fitness programme on holiday in Portugal.
LFC shouldn't panic over transfers
The midfielder was sidelined for the final three months of 2016-17 with a foot injury, but is now aiming to sharpen up as soon as possible.
“I’m looking forward to training and getting as fit as I can, ready for the new season,” he told the club’s official website.
“I managed to train throughout the whole time and really enjoyed it. I’m looking forward to now getting started properly.
Leipzig warn Reds off Keita
“There has been a few of us that have had to work hard during the summer to try to get back as quickly as possible, so some of us can get back for the first day or maybe in a week or two.
“It has been all go during the summer. I’m glad to be back training with the lads on the first day.”
- Gimenez dreaming of Premier League move as Man Utd and Liverpool circle
- Ings hints at Liverpool stay as he focuses on the present in fitness battle
- Mane in full training in 10 days
- Day two of pre-season: The latest photos from Melwood
- Behind the scenes: A brilliant montage of pre-season day one
- Mane to miss Liverpool’s opening friendlies
- Liverpool dealt Naby Keita blow as RB Leipzig insist ‘nothing’ will make them sell
- Melwood photos: Danny Ings continues recovery programme
- Naby Keita swoop latest
- Steven Gerrard’s U18s to face Burton Albion at St George’s Park