Last Updated: 06/07/17 3:05pm
Liverpool forward Sadio Mane is set to rejoin full training within 10 days as he steps up his rehabilitation from knee surgery.
The Senegal international missed the last eight matches of the season after sustaining meniscus damage during the Merseyside derby win over Everton on April 1.
He has been undergoing individual sessions at Melwood over the summer to improve his fitness and while he will not be ready for next week's pre-season friendlies against Tranmere and Wigan, he will return to training with his team-mates shortly afterwards.
In a statement Liverpool said Mane's recovery plan "is on schedule", adding he is on course to join training "within a time frame of 10 days".
"He will continue to be monitored and assessed by the club's medical staff to ensure he returns in the best shape and ready for the remainder of the pre-season schedule."
- Sadio Mane Latest Victim of International Curse
- Liverpool eager to make their mark on Champions League return
- Gimenez dreaming of Premier League move as Man Utd and Liverpool circle
- Ings hints at Liverpool stay as he focuses on the present in fitness battle
- Mane in full training in 10 days
- Day two of pre-season: The latest photos from Melwood
- Behind the scenes: A brilliant montage of pre-season day one
- Mane to miss Liverpool’s opening friendlies
- Liverpool dealt Naby Keita blow as RB Leipzig insist ‘nothing’ will make them sell
- Melwood photos: Danny Ings continues recovery programme