Liverpool’s Luis Suarez has trained with the Liverpool squad after returning from his holidays, and is fit to face Sunderland at the weekend. Suarez helped Uruguay to Copa America glory earlier this summer and took a short break before returning to training this week.
The Premier League’s opening fixtures have been cast into doubt in the wake of recent nationwide riots, but with the trouble largely taking place down south Liverpool’s clash with Sunderland is not believed to be in danger of cancellation.
Suarez, then, could feature on the first day of the new season despite being absent for his club’s entire pre-season campaign. With Sunderland having strengthened significantly this summer, the Reds will be glad to have one of their star players available for selection as they look to make a strong start – something which they have failed to do in recent years.
- Liverpool eager to make their mark on Champions League return
- Gimenez dreaming of Premier League move as Man Utd and Liverpool circle
- Ings hints at Liverpool stay as he focuses on the present in fitness battle
- Mane in full training in 10 days
- Day two of pre-season: The latest photos from Melwood
- Behind the scenes: A brilliant montage of pre-season day one
- Mane to miss Liverpool’s opening friendlies
- Liverpool dealt Naby Keita blow as RB Leipzig insist ‘nothing’ will make them sell
- Melwood photos: Danny Ings continues recovery programme
- Naby Keita swoop latest