Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has revealed he plans to remain at Arsenal next season following speculation he could be on his way to Liverpool in the summer transfer window.
Reports suggest Liverpool are confident Oxlade-Chamberlain could be tempted by a move to Merseyside after failing to live up to expectations in his six years under Arsene Wenger in north London.
However, the 23-year-old winger, who is tied into a deal at the Emirates until 2018, appears intent on winning trophies with the Gunners for the foreseeable future.
On where he sees himself beyond next season, Oxlade-Chamberlain told Complex: "My personal ambitions are always to play as well as I can and be as professional as I can for Arsenal and obviously stay in and around the England squad as well.
"That’s no easy feat, we’ve got a lot of good, young players coming through at the moment and competition for places is high, and with the World Cup coming up next year that’ll be in the back of everyone’s mind.
"For me as an attacker it’s scoring and creating goals and helping the team to win, so I’ll just be focused on doing that as well as I can for my club.
"And then from an England point of view keep pushing to be in and around that squad, and hopefully go to the World Cup and help us achieve something special."
This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.
- Fantasy football Tip: The Top 4 Goalkeepers to Have on Your Fantasy Football Team
- Liverpool aiming to steal a march on Arsenal in top four race
- Champions League Race: Four Into One Doesn’t Go
- Sadio Mane Latest Victim of International Curse
- Liverpool eager to make their mark on Champions League return
- Gimenez dreaming of Premier League move as Man Utd and Liverpool circle
- Ings hints at Liverpool stay as he focuses on the present in fitness battle
- Mane in full training in 10 days
- Day two of pre-season: The latest photos from Melwood
- Behind the scenes: A brilliant montage of pre-season day one