Liverpool Football club have today made clear their intention to Brendan Rodgers as manager after he held talks with FSG earlier today before agreeing a 3-year deal.
Rodgers was reported to have rebuffed initial interest from the Reds, but they came calling again with an offer that the Swansea boss could not refuse.
His former club, who have confirmed the departure, will receive £4m-£5m in compensation as part of the deal that takes their beloved boss to Anfield, while Roberto Martinez has committed his future to Wigan after missing out on the Liverpool job.
- Gimenez dreaming of Premier League move as Man Utd and Liverpool circle
- Ings hints at Liverpool stay as he focuses on the present in fitness battle
- Mane in full training in 10 days
- Day two of pre-season: The latest photos from Melwood
- Behind the scenes: A brilliant montage of pre-season day one
- Mane to miss Liverpool’s opening friendlies
- Liverpool dealt Naby Keita blow as RB Leipzig insist ‘nothing’ will make them sell
- Melwood photos: Danny Ings continues recovery programme
- Naby Keita swoop latest
- Steven Gerrard’s U18s to face Burton Albion at St George’s Park