Liverpool Football club have today made clear their intention to Brendan Rodgers as manager after he held talks with FSG earlier today before agreeing a 3-year deal.
Rodgers was reported to have rebuffed initial interest from the Reds, but they came calling again with an offer that the Swansea boss could not refuse.
His former club, who have confirmed the departure, will receive £4m-£5m in compensation as part of the deal that takes their beloved boss to Anfield, while Roberto Martinez has committed his future to Wigan after missing out on the Liverpool job.
- Fantasy football Tip: The Top 4 Goalkeepers to Have on Your Fantasy Football Team
- Liverpool aiming to steal a march on Arsenal in top four race
- Champions League Race: Four Into One Doesn’t Go
- Sadio Mane Latest Victim of International Curse
- Liverpool eager to make their mark on Champions League return
- Gimenez dreaming of Premier League move as Man Utd and Liverpool circle
- Ings hints at Liverpool stay as he focuses on the present in fitness battle
- Mane in full training in 10 days
- Day two of pre-season: The latest photos from Melwood
- Behind the scenes: A brilliant montage of pre-season day one