Following a poor performance in the Champions League on Wednesday losing 1-0 to Napoli, Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp might just be in the hunt for a new attacker and the Reds are eyeing up a move for Serie A forward Krzysztof Piatek, according to various reports.
The 23-year-old who plies his trade for Genoa, has been tagged to be the next Robert Lewandowski” following his impressive start to the season for the Italian club this season.
Piatek joined the Italian club on this summer for a fee of €4 million from Polish side Cracovia, and since then has been the Genoa best player scoring all four goals for the club in Coppa Italia 4-0 win against Lecce.
The Poland international might just be the next Lewandowski if he could keep this great form of his with Liverpool and other European clubs being linked with the Polish striker.
Since his arrival at Stadio Luigi Ferraris, Piatek has become the first player to find the back of the net eight times in his first six Serie A matches by a debut player since Karl Aage Hansen in 1949.
From the looks of it, Genoa got more than the €4 million they paid to land the striker at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris, and the Italian might just be willing to bank on the forward with Champions League giants Real Madrid also said to have joined in on the race to sign the Polish star.
Quickly rising to become Genoa best player so far this season his stats for the Italian club, scoring 12 goals in just seven matches so far this season.
Krzysztof Piatek will be a great addition to the Liverpool team also to strengthen up the club, and will also give Klopp more options upfront; the Reda will return for Premier League action as they will be player title defenders Manchester City check out free football bets.
The reports are also claiming that the Reds are not the only English club interested in the Piatek as Chelsea, Everton, Tottenham and Manchester United all showing signs of interests with Genoa might sell for €35m should the interest stay.
- Liverpool develops interest in Serie A debutant
- 2005 – 2018: Liverpool’s Best XI?
- Liverpool FC Rumours Suggest a Number of Transfers in the Coming Year
- Fantasy football Tip: The Top 4 Goalkeepers to Have on Your Fantasy Football Team
- Liverpool aiming to steal a march on Arsenal in top four race
- Champions League Race: Four Into One Doesn’t Go
- Sadio Mane Latest Victim of International Curse
- Liverpool eager to make their mark on Champions League return
- Gimenez dreaming of Premier League move as Man Utd and Liverpool circle
- Ings hints at Liverpool stay as he focuses on the present in fitness battle