The Liverpool FC Foundation is calling on fans attending the Legends charity match against Real Madrid this weekend to bring any unwanted football or sports kit to Anfield.
The Foundation have teamed up with KitAid to collect once-loved football kit to distribute to underprivileged children and adults in some of the poorest countries around the world. KitAid is a charity that finds a new home for your unwanted kit in areas of the developing world where football is loved, but participation is held back by a lack of access to kit and equipment.
The Foundation has supported KitAid for more than 10 years and has donated much-needed items including match shirts, training kit, surplus retail stock, and footballs. Most recently, the Foundation donated training kit from the club’s Academy.
Fans can donate any unwanted kit at the KitAid collection point, which will be located next to the fan zone on Anfield Road.
KitAid can find a home for any type of kit or equipment - donated kit should be clean and in good condition. KitAid take full team kits, individual items, boots, shin pads, balls, training bibs, rain jackets and even goalposts.
Andrea Cooper, head of the LFC Foundation, said: “I would like to ask the LFC family to dig out their old kit - boots, tops, shorts and tracksuits - and pop it in one of our KitAid collection bins located around Anfield stadium. We know our fans do great things when they come together, so let’s help other fans from around the world enjoy the benefits of physical activity and sport.”
- Liverpool FC Rumours Suggest a Number of Transfers in the Coming Year
- Fantasy football Tip: The Top 4 Goalkeepers to Have on Your Fantasy Football Team
- Liverpool aiming to steal a march on Arsenal in top four race
- Champions League Race: Four Into One Doesn’t Go
- Sadio Mane Latest Victim of International Curse
- Liverpool eager to make their mark on Champions League return
- Gimenez dreaming of Premier League move as Man Utd and Liverpool circle
- Ings hints at Liverpool stay as he focuses on the present in fitness battle
- Mane in full training in 10 days
- Day two of pre-season: The latest photos from Melwood