Mo Farah, Yang Sun, and somewhat more controversially Lance Armstrong, are all names associated with the word endurance and stamina. But when talking about football, endurance and stamina isn’t always a word that is usually immediately associated with the beautiful game; although if you were talking about Dimitar Berbatov you would be 100% correct.
However, players such as the Dirk Kurts of this world have been tracked running as much as 9.5-miles during a full 90-minute game. A feat which is repeated on a weekly basis throughout the year. But even that compares little to the hours spent playing FIFA 14 without end.
Those more seasoned and devoted to the game will all but testify to the endurance needed to play for hours on end. We salute you. We understand the hours put into the managerial mode in which the days merge into the nights having completed season after season in a short period of time. We know all too well the feeling of completing a current season before heading off to bed. And yes, we have been caught saying those infamous words: “one last game”; when four hours later we find ourselves still playing.
Endurance is a challenge, as anybody familiar with Ladbrokes’ online poker will know – so that’s why Kopsource have teamed up to offer one lucky reader the chance to win a FREE copy of FIFA 14. But remember; Kopsource takes no liability should the competition winner be found weeks after the game’s release festering in unwashed clothes with a fully grown hobo beard.
To enter, simply follow us on twitter @Kopsource and tweet us your answer to the following question:
What has been your most enduring moment as a Liverpool fan?
*Entrants must be UK residents. The winner will be announced following the Manchester United vs Liverpool game on Wednesday 25 September 2013.
- Fantasy football Tip: The Top 4 Goalkeepers to Have on Your Fantasy Football Team
- Liverpool aiming to steal a march on Arsenal in top four race
- Champions League Race: Four Into One Doesn’t Go
- Sadio Mane Latest Victim of International Curse
- Liverpool eager to make their mark on Champions League return
- Gimenez dreaming of Premier League move as Man Utd and Liverpool circle
- Ings hints at Liverpool stay as he focuses on the present in fitness battle
- Mane in full training in 10 days
- Day two of pre-season: The latest photos from Melwood
- Behind the scenes: A brilliant montage of pre-season day one