By Dev Trehan
Last Updated: 20/04/17 6:22pm
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has confirmed he is not interested in signing out-of-favour Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart.
Sky Sports News HQ reported on Wednesday that Liverpool are not actively looking to recruit a goalkeeper in this summer's transfer window.
England international Hart is currently on loan with Serie A side Torino, but the 30-year-old could return to the Premier League next season and has again been linked with Liverpool recently.
Klopp has had issues with his keepers this campaign. Loris Karius - bought in the summer for £4.7million - was given a 10-game spell in the Premier League in the middle of the season when Simon Mignolet was going through a bad spell, but he failed to convince.
Liverpool vs C Palace
April 23, 2017, 4:15pm
Since Mignolet returned his form has improved, and in the last two matches against Stoke and West Brom the Belgian has been particularly impressive.
"Extra competition? You ask about goalkeepers but even though you don't say the name, is it about Joe Hart?" said Klopp when asked whether he was considering strengthening in the goalkeeping department.
"We don't usually talk about these sort of things but in this particular case I think we can.
"He is a fantastic goalkeeper, the goalkeeper of the English national team, the highest quality, but we have highest-quality goalkeepers.
"It is not for us in this moment and hopefully not for us in the future - not because of Joe but we already have two strong goalkeepers.
"Wardy [Danny Ward] is at Huddersfield and playing a brilliant season - he is our player so we will bring him back next year so there is competition.
"The young ones have made really big steps, Caiomhin [Kelleher] and Kamil [Grabara], and that is really good.
"The situation with our goalkeepers is really good. I understand the question but I cannot give the answer probably a few people want."
- Gimenez dreaming of Premier League move as Man Utd and Liverpool circle
- Ings hints at Liverpool stay as he focuses on the present in fitness battle
- Mane in full training in 10 days
- Day two of pre-season: The latest photos from Melwood
- Behind the scenes: A brilliant montage of pre-season day one
- Mane to miss Liverpool’s opening friendlies
- Liverpool dealt Naby Keita blow as RB Leipzig insist ‘nothing’ will make them sell
- Melwood photos: Danny Ings continues recovery programme
- Naby Keita swoop latest
- Steven Gerrard’s U18s to face Burton Albion at St George’s Park