Jürgen Klopp doesn't expect Liverpool to add to their goalkeeping ranks this summer as he confirmed Danny Ward will return to Melwood ahead of next season and challenge Simon Mignolet and Loris Karius.
The 23-year-old has enjoyed a fine campaign on loan at Huddersfield Town, making 41 appearances for the Championship side to help them to fourth place in the standings.
Asked during his pre-Crystal Palace press conference if he’d be looking to add any extra competition between the posts this summer, Klopp replied: “We always think about the squad and also about the goalkeepers.
“I think even when you don’t say the name, is it [the question] about Joe Hart? Usually we don’t talk about things like this, but in this specific case, we can. He is a fantastic goalkeeper - the goalkeeper of the England national team - so is the highest quality. But we have the highest quality goalkeepers already.
“It’s not for us, not in the moment, and hopefully not in the future. That’s not because of Joe; we think that we already have two strong goalkeepers and Wardy is at Huddersfield, playing a brilliant season, he is our player, so we will bring him back next year and then there is [more] competition.
“We have the young ones, they have made big steps - really big steps - Kamil [Grabara] and Caoimhin [Kelleher]. That’s really good, so the situation around our goalkeepers is really good.”
- Fantasy football Tip: The Top 4 Goalkeepers to Have on Your Fantasy Football Team
- Liverpool aiming to steal a march on Arsenal in top four race
- Champions League Race: Four Into One Doesn’t Go
- Sadio Mane Latest Victim of International Curse
- Liverpool eager to make their mark on Champions League return
- Gimenez dreaming of Premier League move as Man Utd and Liverpool circle
- Ings hints at Liverpool stay as he focuses on the present in fitness battle
- Mane in full training in 10 days
- Day two of pre-season: The latest photos from Melwood
- Behind the scenes: A brilliant montage of pre-season day one