Liverpool left-back Emiliano Insua has joined Sporting Lisbon after falling down the pecking order at Anfield. The Argentine was behind Jose Enrique, Fabio Aurelio and Jack Robinson in Kenny Dalglish’s thinking.
22-year-old Insua spent last season on loan with Galatasaray, but the Turkish outfit did not take up the option to sign him on a permanent basis. He has now agreed a deal to join Sporting on a permanent basis, and departs Merseyside with immediate effect.
- Fantasy football Tip: The Top 4 Goalkeepers to Have on Your Fantasy Football Team
- Liverpool aiming to steal a march on Arsenal in top four race
- Champions League Race: Four Into One Doesn’t Go
- Sadio Mane Latest Victim of International Curse
- Liverpool eager to make their mark on Champions League return
- Gimenez dreaming of Premier League move as Man Utd and Liverpool circle
- Ings hints at Liverpool stay as he focuses on the present in fitness battle
- Mane in full training in 10 days
- Day two of pre-season: The latest photos from Melwood
- Behind the scenes: A brilliant montage of pre-season day one