Liverpool left-back Emiliano Insua has joined Sporting Lisbon after falling down the pecking order at Anfield. The Argentine was behind Jose Enrique, Fabio Aurelio and Jack Robinson in Kenny Dalglish’s thinking.
22-year-old Insua spent last season on loan with Galatasaray, but the Turkish outfit did not take up the option to sign him on a permanent basis. He has now agreed a deal to join Sporting on a permanent basis, and departs Merseyside with immediate effect.
- Liverpool eager to make their mark on Champions League return
- Gimenez dreaming of Premier League move as Man Utd and Liverpool circle
- Ings hints at Liverpool stay as he focuses on the present in fitness battle
- Mane in full training in 10 days
- Day two of pre-season: The latest photos from Melwood
- Behind the scenes: A brilliant montage of pre-season day one
- Mane to miss Liverpool’s opening friendlies
- Liverpool dealt Naby Keita blow as RB Leipzig insist ‘nothing’ will make them sell
- Melwood photos: Danny Ings continues recovery programme
- Naby Keita swoop latest