The Reds forward has been linked with a move elsewhere to help him rebuild his match sharpness, but he is giving no thought to a move for now
Danny Ings is focusing on his return to fitness at Liverpool as transfer speculation swirls around him.
The 24-year-old is battling his way back from the latest knee problem to have blighted his time at Anfield, with just 11 appearances made in two years.
He is well on the road to recovery and Premier League new boys Newcastle have been linked with an approach as they seek to bring added firepower into St James’ Park.
Mane to miss Liverpool friendlies
Ings, though, is focused on the present and has offered no indication that he is looking for a way out of Anfield, either on loan or permanently, after failing to make his mark.
“If you dwell on things too long, you’ll never make it back,” he told Liverpool’s official website.
“You need to obviously be hurt for a while but then you need to get your head down, focus and crack on.
“That’s always been my mentality. There wasn’t really any other choice.
“For now it’s just to get as healthy as I can, get as strong as I can and get fit, and to integrate with the lads as soon as possible and just build from there.
“Timescale-wise I’m unsure but I’m feeling closer and closer every day. I’m not setting any big targets. I’m trying to accomplish small things at a time.”
Liverpool's pre-season fixtures in full
Ings’ last Premier League start came in a Merseyside derby against Everton in October 2015, in what proved to be Brendan Rodgers’ final game in charge of Liverpool.
He did make a return to action off the bench on the final day of that campaign, but managed just two League Cup outings in 2016-17 before injuring his right knee – having previously suffered cruciate ligament damage in his left.
- Sadio Mane Latest Victim of International Curse
- Liverpool eager to make their mark on Champions League return
- Gimenez dreaming of Premier League move as Man Utd and Liverpool circle
- Ings hints at Liverpool stay as he focuses on the present in fitness battle
- Mane in full training in 10 days
- Day two of pre-season: The latest photos from Melwood
- Behind the scenes: A brilliant montage of pre-season day one
- Mane to miss Liverpool’s opening friendlies
- Liverpool dealt Naby Keita blow as RB Leipzig insist ‘nothing’ will make them sell
- Melwood photos: Danny Ings continues recovery programme