The Hillsborough Ibrox Memorial Group are releasing a special CD single for Christmas to raise much-needed funds for two important campaigns.
'Absent Friends' is on sale now and all profits from the track will go to the Hillsborough Family Support Group and the New Ibrox permanent memorial fund.
The song is the brainchild of John McGivern, who has revealed his pride after penning the special record.
He said: "We are always looking for ways to make money for the Hillsborough Family Support Group and the New Ibrox permanent memorial fund.
"I had the idea of making a charity CD to support both of these and I thought the song 'Absent Friends' would be perfect.
"I approached Lee Roy James about this at the Hillsborough service and he said he would be delighted to help, so we put out a plea to see if we could get a Rangers singer.
"Jim Holmes, a Scottish singer/songwriter based in Ormskirk said he would love to do it and both of these gave us there services at no cost.
"I then got in touch with a friend of mine, John Gunning, and he said he would help produce the CD.
"I went to Knotty Ash Community Centre, where there is a recording centre, and John Bligh from the centre gave us use of the studio and he put in hours of work along with John to produce the single, and a friend, Paul Walters, did all the artwork for us also for no charge."
The Hillsborough Ibrox Memorial Group aims to assist the Hillsborough Family Support Group in their continued fight for justice by providing financial support for projects.
It seeks to engage with existing groups connected with the Ibrox Disaster to ensure that fitting memorials are in place to remember those that lost their lives.
They also aim to provide information to the wider public about the Hillsborough and Ibrox disasters, thus helping to ensure that those who lost their lives continue to be remembered.
You can buy the song online now by clicking here.
The CD will also be on sale at the HFSG shop in Clayton Square and the New Derry Social Club in Mere Lane, Liverpool, and is priced at £5.
- Liverpool eager to make their mark on Champions League return
- Gimenez dreaming of Premier League move as Man Utd and Liverpool circle
- Ings hints at Liverpool stay as he focuses on the present in fitness battle
- Mane in full training in 10 days
- Day two of pre-season: The latest photos from Melwood
- Behind the scenes: A brilliant montage of pre-season day one
- Mane to miss Liverpool’s opening friendlies
- Liverpool dealt Naby Keita blow as RB Leipzig insist ‘nothing’ will make them sell
- Melwood photos: Danny Ings continues recovery programme
- Naby Keita swoop latest