Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers is expected to be confirmed as the new Liverpool boss in the next 48 hours, according to widepsread reports.
It is understood that the clubs are now discussing a compensation fee for the 39-year old, which is likely to be in the region of £4m-£5m.
According to reports, Liverpool will now not have a director of football but rather a technical and sporting director.
Roberto Martinez, who was the front runner to replace Kenny Dalglish, was reportedly unwilling to work in the new managerial structure FSG have set up, hence the attention switched back to Rodgers.
- Sadio Mane Latest Victim of International Curse
- Liverpool eager to make their mark on Champions League return
- Gimenez dreaming of Premier League move as Man Utd and Liverpool circle
- Ings hints at Liverpool stay as he focuses on the present in fitness battle
- Mane in full training in 10 days
- Day two of pre-season: The latest photos from Melwood
- Behind the scenes: A brilliant montage of pre-season day one
- Mane to miss Liverpool’s opening friendlies
- Liverpool dealt Naby Keita blow as RB Leipzig insist ‘nothing’ will make them sell
- Melwood photos: Danny Ings continues recovery programme