Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers is expected to be confirmed as the new Liverpool boss in the next 48 hours, according to widepsread reports.
It is understood that the clubs are now discussing a compensation fee for the 39-year old, which is likely to be in the region of £4m-£5m.
According to reports, Liverpool will now not have a director of football but rather a technical and sporting director.
Roberto Martinez, who was the front runner to replace Kenny Dalglish, was reportedly unwilling to work in the new managerial structure FSG have set up, hence the attention switched back to Rodgers.
- Liverpool FC Rumours Suggest a Number of Transfers in the Coming Year
- Fantasy football Tip: The Top 4 Goalkeepers to Have on Your Fantasy Football Team
- Liverpool aiming to steal a march on Arsenal in top four race
- Champions League Race: Four Into One Doesn’t Go
- Sadio Mane Latest Victim of International Curse
- Liverpool eager to make their mark on Champions League return
- Gimenez dreaming of Premier League move as Man Utd and Liverpool circle
- Ings hints at Liverpool stay as he focuses on the present in fitness battle
- Mane in full training in 10 days
- Day two of pre-season: The latest photos from Melwood