Alberto Aquilani’s wages are too high for Serie A suitors Fiorentina, according to the player’s agent. The Italian is currently partaking in pre-season training with Liverpool, but the club will remain open to offer while the transfer window is still open.
Many Liverpool fans are warming to the prospect of Aquilani staying at Anfield for the forthcoming season at least, but with the club already well stocked in central midfield they are unlikely to turn down offers in the region of £12m.
Fiorentina are believed to be one of the clubs willing to meet that valuation, although Aquilani’s agent believes his wages could price La Viola out of a deal.
“Anything can happen, never say never. We will wait and see if there is anything concrete.” Franco Zavaglia told Corriere Fiorentino.
“Alberto has a major contract with Liverpool, and Fiorentina operate with certain economic parameters.
“I don’t know whether the operation is feasible, but over time something (salary) can be skimmed (reduced).”
- Gimenez dreaming of Premier League move as Man Utd and Liverpool circle
- Ings hints at Liverpool stay as he focuses on the present in fitness battle
- Mane in full training in 10 days
- Day two of pre-season: The latest photos from Melwood
- Behind the scenes: A brilliant montage of pre-season day one
- Mane to miss Liverpool’s opening friendlies
- Liverpool dealt Naby Keita blow as RB Leipzig insist ‘nothing’ will make them sell
- Melwood photos: Danny Ings continues recovery programme
- Naby Keita swoop latest
- Steven Gerrard’s U18s to face Burton Albion at St George’s Park