The agent of Liverpool midfielder Alberto has cooled talk of his client making an Anfield exit this summer, despite fervent speculation surrounding his future.
Aquilani, who enjoyed a successful spell on loan at Juventus last term, had hoped to secure a permanent move to Turin but the two clubs were unable to negotiate a deal and the player instead returned back to his parent club.
There has since been speculation that a number of other Serie A clubs, including Fiorentina, have been monitoring the Italian’s situation with a view to making a move. But Aquilani’s agent insists the player is content with life at Liverpool and has all the attributes to be a success in the English top flight.
“Alberto overcame his ankle problem, coming back into the national team and he has the characteristics to do good things in the Premier League too,” Franco Zavaglia told Radio Mana Mana.
“He is at a summer camp training with Liverpool, playing positively in all games of their summer tour.”
Although this is hardly a definitive statement from Zavaglia, all signs continue to point to an Anfield stay for Aquilani. And although the club are currently well stocked in this position, there are unlikely to be too many complaints if the club were to retain such a quality player.
- Gimenez dreaming of Premier League move as Man Utd and Liverpool circle
- Ings hints at Liverpool stay as he focuses on the present in fitness battle
- Mane in full training in 10 days
- Day two of pre-season: The latest photos from Melwood
- Behind the scenes: A brilliant montage of pre-season day one
- Mane to miss Liverpool’s opening friendlies
- Liverpool dealt Naby Keita blow as RB Leipzig insist ‘nothing’ will make them sell
- Melwood photos: Danny Ings continues recovery programme
- Naby Keita swoop latest
- Steven Gerrard’s U18s to face Burton Albion at St George’s Park